Why Diamond Polished Concrete?
- Sustainability: Diamond Polished Concrete Floors are the greenest most sustainable floors there are. The structural concrete substrate is refined and polished, eliminating the need for a secondary floor covering. Polished Concrete Floors have the absolute lowest lifecycle cost, when maintenance costs are considered over a period of five to ten years of any floor including carpet, VCT, Tile and all other commercial and industrial floor systems.
- Longevity: A floor that has been polished and maintained can be expected to last a hundred years or more. Absolutely no materials, such as carpet, vinyl, or wood are harvested from the environment, transported to the job site, or destined to end up in a land fill in 5 years.
- Zero Defects/Failures: Diamond Polished Concrete Floors have virtually zero defects and failures. There simply is nothing to fail. There are no topical membranes to flake, peel, bubble or turn white. Nothing wear off or need recoating. The concrete surface is mechanically refined and polished, similar to marble floors.
- Beauty/Aesthetic Appeal Diamond Polishing leverages the strength, durability and versatility of their existing structural and foundational concrete, yet has the beauty and aesthetic appeal and architectural interest of natural stones such as granite or marble.
- Capital Improvement: Diamond Polishing takes the existing foundational concrete and improves the existing concrete through a sophisticated surface refinement, thus adding a capital improvement to the property, versus installing a chemical coating that is destined to wear off.
- Easy Care: Daily Micro-Fiber dust mopping removes the fine dust and grit. Mop weekly using water and a cleaner made for polished concrete or a Neutral P.H. all-purpose cleaner.
- Economical: The cost of concrete floors is very low, about $3 to $7 per square foot to polish a plain gray slab, giving it a lustrous sheen. The concrete's tonal differences, subtle cracks and aggregates take on a stonelike, natural feel. Polished Concrete has the lowest lifecycle cost of any flooring, when including maintenance costs, as the only maintenance is regular cleaning with a neutral cleaner.
Benefits of Diamond Polished Concrete Floors
- Diamond Polished Concrete Floors are the greenest most sustainable floors there are.
- Floors are hardened, sealed and dust proofed (warrantied for 10 years.)
- No membrane sealers are used. No epoxies, urethanes, waxes, or any topical coating is used.
- Diamond Polished Floors have zero VOCs, Volatile Organic Compounds.
- 30% increase in ambient light reflection eliminating electrical lighting 30%.
- Exceeds OSHA and ADA Guidelines for safe floors (ASTM C1028).
- Maintenance consists of cleaning the floor with a neutral cleaner on a regular basis.
- The lowest lifecycle cost of any flooring, when maintenance costs. There is no sealer or wax maintenance of any kind.
- Polished concrete can contribute to up to 6 LEED points for building designers, and are part of Platinum and Gold LEED rated projects.
- With or without use of color dyes, polished concrete adds significant architectural interest and appeal to concrete floors.
A&G Contracting LLC --- 5926 Kavon Avenue --- Baltimore, Maryland 21206
Phone: 443-844-5322 --- Email: email@example.com